Children and Young People Projects Officer
Fixed Term, Full Time
Up to £26,801 per annum
Closing Date: 10/06/2021
Fixed Term Contract – 12 month contract
The position will initially be home based work. However, when government guidelines allow the role may then revert to being more or fully office based, whilst retaining some flexible working options in line with Essex County Council mobile flexible working policy.
The Active Essex Children and Young People Projects Officer will work with the Children and Young People (CYP) Theme Lead and wider CYP team to help tackle inactivity and reduce the inequalities children and young people face in sport and physical activity.
Delivering across the breath of the operation of the CYP theme of work, the role will include leading the Daily Mile programme across Greater Essex, as well as supporting various projects across the CYP portfolio.
Strong organisation and project management skills within the role is key, with the post holder expected to work simultaneously on multiple projects within a fast-paced sport and physical activity environment. The post holder will play an important role to support the wider work of Active Essex and system partners as we begin to deliver a new 10-year strategy for sport and physical activity in Greater Essex.
Due to the nature of this role it will involve visits to community and education partners sites and their places of work.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Act as the main contact for The Daily Mile programme across Greater Essex, collaborate with The Daily Mile Foundation on marketing, regional forums and maintaining the Daily Mile brand.
- Work collaboratively with appropriate stakeholders and partner organisations to secure their commitment and collaboration towards the strategic objectives of Active Essex, specifically for CYP who are less likely to be physically active.
- Review and collect learning across the CYP portfolio which will be used in internal and external reports, and to share what has been learnt with other organisations at a local and national level.
- Support the CYP Theme Lead to monitor Active Essex CYP budgets, ensuring value for money in terms of outcomes and targets.
- Coordinate future opening schools facilities work, including schools engagement and administration of the programme.
- Coordinate data collection from schools via Primary Sport Premium spend and Active Lives Surveys.
- Update and produce content for CYP pages on the website, newsletters, and social media.
- Ensure appropriate monitoring of work is undertaken, provide information to managers as requested concerning the progress of projects and initiatives.
- Responsible for acting as an advocate for equality and diversity in sport and physical activity to ensure that equality is embedded in all Active Essex developments.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Higher education qualification or equivalent by experience with evidence of continuing professional development and knowledge in relevant professional area
- Proven experience in the provision and delivery of high-quality sports development and physical activity, or business administration and project management
- Proven experience of collaborating with a range of organisations and people with evidence of strong impact
- Demonstrable experience of delivering successful projects simultaneously, with clearly defined outcomes at a County and/or local level with evidence of strong impact
- Experience of effective working within a team environment and liaising with a wide range of local and national contacts/stakeholders
- Effective communication, both verbally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain effective working relationships and to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Good organisational skills with the ability to support multiple projects, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Strong ability to work with a range of IT systems, including MS Office suite
- Ability to research and analyse information and produce reports
- Ability to travel and work flexibly to meet the requirements of the role.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues related to primary and secondary school PE & sport
- Knowledge of Children and Young People programmes delivered through Active Essex including
- The Daily Mile programme
- Knowledge of current national policies and structures within education, sport and health
- Knowledge of Sport England’s and Active Essex’s Strategy
- General understanding of sport and physical activity and children and young people landscapes.
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/