Permanent, Part Time
Up to £26,801 per annum (Full time equivalent)
Closing Date: 19th July 2021
Please note this is a part time position, working 4 to 10 hours per week, depending on curriculum needs. Working hours will be discussed further at interview.
This role is part of Adult Community Learning (ACL), the largest provider of adult learning in Essex, offering a wide range of courses and qualifications.
ACL are seeking to recruit a counselling tutor to plan and deliver remote and classroom based sessions in non-accredited and accredited courses to Level 3 with CPCAB awarding body.
This position will, in line with current government guidance be based from home, with an expectation of being home based for the foreseeable future. However, if / when government guidelines change the role may then revert to being classroom based
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Motivate and inspire learners to promote achievement and develop their skills to enable progression
· Plan and deliver effective learning programmes for diverse groups or individuals in a safe and inclusive environment, following ACL safeguarding procedures
· Promote the benefits of technology and support learners in its use
· Address the mathematics and English needs of learners and work creatively to overcome individual barriers to learning
· Enable learners to share responsibility for their own learning and assessment, setting goals that stretch and challenge
· Apply appropriate and fair methods of assessment and provide constructive and timely feedback to support progression and achievement
· Maintain and update your teaching / training expertise, vocational competence and digital skills
· Contribute to organisational development and quality improvement through collaboration with others
· To initially assess learners’ starting points and monitor their progress, set challenging tasks and objectives, and build on and extend learning for all learners.
· To support learners to develop personal, social and employability skills in order for them to progress into further learning or jobs that meet local and national needs.
Knowledge, skills and experience
* PTLS/DTLLS/PGCE – minimum Level 4 adult teaching qualification or be working towards this.
* Subject specialism Counselling qualification: minimum 420 hours therapeutic counselling qualification at Level 4.
* Member of professional association for counselling eg BACP.
* Minimum Level 2 English and Maths and shown good ICT skills including competent use of internet and email and learning technologies.
* Experience of teaching and learning in the Adult Education sector.
* Experience of supporting individuals to achieve accreditation and have a good knowledge of RARPA processes.
* Excellent communication skills, working as a team and working on own initiative.
The role require a DBS check and you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email or call us on 0333 013 5888 Lines are open Monday to Friday between 08:30 – 16:30.