1 x Educational Psychologist
Soulbury A 2 – 7 £40136 – £49714 + (plus up to 3 SPA available)
Full time 37 hours per week
We are looking to recruit an educational psychologist to our exciting, innovative and developing team. Our team is highly valued by the council, schools and other strategic partners. We are a partly traded service and buy-in from schools is not only high and increasing, but we are extending our trading offer with other partners to ensure we can support children and their families across the community. Our work with schools is extremely varied and our EPs are strong in their applications of psychology. We are extending our EPS into the community and have recently achieved exciting working partnerships with colleagues in Health and Social Care, as well as in mental health and our work with parents and carers. As a team, we are always surveying the horizons and actively seeking new and innovative ways of working to support young people and their families.
We are looking to appoint:
One full time post for a maingrade educational psychologist, with the opportunity of a specialist practitioner role in SEMH for a suitable candidate, to develop the EPS’ strategic SEMH offer within the LA. Capacity for the specialist role will be provided, alongside SPA points available for a candidate who can demonstrate the skills and experience to develop this area.
We are seeking EPs:
• Who are creative and enthusiastic about what applied psychology can achieve to promote inclusion, overcome barriers and improve the lives and wellbeing of children, young people and their families.
• Who think critically and reflectively about their own work, the role of the EP and the systems we work within.
• Who view the role of the EP as a holistic child psychologist working to promote well-being for all children across their communities in our LA.
• Who have clear principles which underpin their practice and who wants to work within a team constantly and critically engaged in developing our policy and practice to reflect our principles and values.
• You must be HCPC registered, awaiting confirmation of HCPC registration, or on a recognised professional educational psychology training course in your final year of training.
It is an exciting time to join Telford and Wrekin Council, where our Childrens Services were graded Outstanding in the most recent Ofsted Inspection 2020, and were named Council of The Year at the Association for Public Service Excellence (APSE) Annual Service Awards 2021.
For an informal chat and to discuss the role, please contact Dr Claire McGuiggan Principal Educational Psychologist email@example.com
Closing date 31st October 2021
Interview date 9th November 2021
Job Description & Person Specification