The Public Sector News Network
Our Partners:
£36,618 - £44,598 per annum plus Zones 1 and 2 travel allowance
The Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea Council
Kensington and Chelsea, London (Greater)
Apply Now

Experienced Social Worker

Empowered to make a difference ̶ to individuals and wider service delivery

At the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, we put our communities first. We strive to provide quality services that are effective and efficient, acting with respect and integrity in all that we do. As an Adult Social Worker, you’ll support residents to meet their individual needs and improve their wellbeing as part of a professional care management service.

The Role:

You’ll promote independence, choice and control for vulnerable residents. Working with people over 18, including older adults and those with long-term health conditions, you’ll deliver personalised care and support. You’ll produce personalised support plans, assessments and assist with goal setting – enabling residents to live with as much autonomy as possible.

We’re proud that people from so many different cultures and ethnic backgrounds call our borough home. You’ll listen and communicate with residents who need our support, while gathering information and analysing situations objectively. At all times you’ll demonstrate your commitment to supporting vulnerable adults, and maintain high standards of professional practice as set by the council and Social Work England.

You’ll also work in partnership with other professionals and participate in team and service development project work. We work collaboratively to constantly learn and adapt to our customers’ needs – it’s one of our key values. You’ll maintain excellent records and act in accordance with anti-discriminatory practice, confidentiality, and departmental standards.

About You:

To join, experience working in a social care setting is essential, as is knowledge of safeguarding procedures and relevant legislation including the Care Act (2014) and the Mental Capacity Act (2004). You must have BA, BSc, DIPSW, CQSW or MA in social work, or equivalent, and be registered with Social Work England.