We are looking for qualified Social Workers to work within various teams in our Children’s and Adult’s Social Care Services.
If you are passionate about social work, want to make a difference and are looking to work in an innovative Local Authority, we would like to hear from you.
We can offer permanent, fixed term and temporary contracts with a variety of full time and part time roles with flexible working.
Ranked within the top 10 places to live in the UK, York is a vibrant, trailblazing, digital City which continues to make history. Our unique location means the Dales, Moors and Coast are all within an hour offering a positive work life balance.
You can look forward to a generous pay and reward package including:
• Competitive salary Grade 9 Level 1-4 (£31,339 to £35,754 pa)
• Local government pension scheme with generous employer contribution
• Up to 29 days annual leave entitlement
• Family friendly policies
• Salary sacrifice schemes to assist with child care
• Assistance with travel to work expenses including discounted Park & Ride annual travel pass and 0% loans for train travel.
• Comprehensive staff benefits package
• Manageable, monitored caseloads.
• Supported working environment
• Regular reflective supervision.
• Training and development opportunities, including coaching
• Progression opportunities
• Strong leadership
We are keen to enable our social workers to develop their knowledge and skills to secure the best outcomes for the children, young people and families in York and in doing so we will support you to work towards your NAAS accreditation.
As this role is public facing, applicants will need to demonstrate, at interview, their competency to converse and provide advice and guidance to members of the public, in spoken English to CEFR level C1: Can express him/ herself fluently and spontaneously, almost effortlessly. Only a conceptually difficult subject can hinder a natural, smooth flow of language.
City of York Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. We require the successful candidate to undertake an enhanced Criminal Record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For further information or an informal discussion please contact one of the following Senior Managers:
Rose Howley firstname.lastname@example.org T: 01904 552541
Sophie Keeble, email@example.com T: 01904 555322
Closing date: Friday 31 December 2021 at 12 midnight
In your application please indicate which service you are applying to work in.